OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro are OnePlus’ last year’s flagship smartphones, which came pre-equipped with Android 10 out of the box. Later on, the Chinese phone maker released the Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 update with various new features and revamped the user interface as part of bringing a better overall user experience.
- Advertisement -
Now, it’s turn for the Android 12 update for the OnePlus 8 series devices, however, the company has also added the OnePlus 8T alongside the parent models for the OxygenOS 12 Closed Beta testing. For such activity, the BBK-owned company officially announced the entire plan and steps for consumers to experience the OxygenOS 12 months ahead of stable release.
OnePlus 8 OxygenOS 12 Closed Beta Requirements
- You are using a OnePlus 8 series or OnePlus 8T device
- You are an active OnePlus Community member
- You are willing to regularly communicate and provide feedback to the OnePlus team on Telegram
- The CBT version is not the official version, which is still in developing and testing.
- After updating to CBT version, please be patient and tolerate its instability and accept all risks which might be caused by it
Apply for OxygenOS 12 Closed Beta
- Go ahead – Apply here right away and let’s make our products better together.
OnePlus 8, 8 Pro and 8T OxygenOS 12 Closed Beta
Today, OnePlus announced the launch of OxygenOS 12 Closed Beta testing for OnePlus 8T and OnePlus 8 series devices. Currently, the company is looking for OnePlus 8 series and 8T smartphone owners to experience OxygenOS 12 before anyone else, help the OEM to find bugs/issues and submit feedback.
In order to let all OnePlus 8 series and 8T users use OxygenOS 12 stable MP (official) builds as soon as possible, OnePlus adopted a new CBT strategy. It will be a short-term Closed Beta Project, focused on improving the upcoming major Android 12 release, which is different from the previous long-term CBT.
- You are required to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) with OnePlus to be a member of this program.
- This program will sometimes require flashing builds that require a clean flash
- It is highly recommended that you remember to save all your data all the time.
You may like:
- Advertisement -