OnePlus has begun releasing a new software update to the OnePlus 8 Pro/8, 8T smartphones. The devices are getting the Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 that comes with new features and fixes for multiple bugs and issues.
- Advertisement -
If you have the smartphone in hand in India and North America, it’s time to check the update notification to install the most up-to-date security patch.
Software version [India]
- OnePlus 8 Pro – IN2021_11.C.11
- OnePlus 8 – IN2011_11.C.11
- OnePlus 8T – KB2001_11.C.11
- OnePlus 8 Pro – IN2025_11.C.11
- OnePlus 8 – IN2015_11.C.11
- OnePlus 8T – KB2005_11.C.11
While the company is currently releasing the new OTA update to limited consumers, surely, it will be available to more users momentarily. Furthermore, it’s advised that you should use an unmetered connection to download and install every new firmware update.
When it comes to mobile phones, new software updates are important as it keeps the handsets secure against different threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits, taking security & privacy to the next level.
Oneplus had unveiled the OnePlus 8 Pro/8 in April 2020 with Android 10-based OxygenOS 11 and the OnePlus 8T launched October 2022 Android 11-based OxygenOS 11. It comes with powerful chipset installation, impressive camera capabilities, a larger battery, and more.
- Advertisement -
How to check for OxygenOS updates?
- Connect to an available Wi-Fi network, if you use mobile data, there will be a warning displayed.
- Now, go to [Settings] – [System] – [System updates]
- Click [Check for updates]
- If there is an update, click [Download & install now]
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Fixed the issue that background applications are abnormally closed in specific scenarios
- Fixed the issue with lens permissions when using third party camera applications
- Fixed the issue of the screen cannot respond when receiving notifications
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
[Work Life Balance]
- Work-Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Fixed the issue that unable to automatically connect to Wi-Fi
- Advertisement -
- Fixed the issue that wireless earphones cannot play a sound when connecting Bluetooth in specific scenarios