This improved standard builds upon Samsung’s previous promise to provide up to three generations of upgrades and ensures millions of Galaxy users have access to the latest features for security, productivity, better usability, and more, for as long as they own their device.
- Advertisement -
Available on select Galaxy S series, Z series, and A series smartphones, as well as tablets, The company is planning to scale this effort across its various product ranges within the Galaxy ecosystem and works closely with partners to deliver Android OS upgrades through Samsung One UI.
The South Korean tech giant also provides up to four years of upgrades to One UI Watch and Wear OS Powered by Samsung, ensuring that users can enjoy the latest Galaxy Watch experiences. In addition to offering extended One UI upgrades, Samsung will now provide up to five years of security updates to help protect select Galaxy devices.
These updates — when paired with Samsung’s award-winning defense-grade security platform Samsung Knox — give Galaxy devices more secure end-to-end protection against potential security threats. On top of that, Samsung Galaxy Enterprise Edition customers will receive a one-year license for Samsung Knox Suite solutions to easily deploy and manage devices with access to a dashboard that tracks security updates and more.
Eligible Galaxy devices with four generations of One UI and five years of security updates include:
Galaxy S Series:
- Galaxy S22, S22 Plus, S22 Ultra as well as Galaxy S21, S21 Plus, S21 Ultra, S21 FE, and upcoming S series devices
Galaxy Z Series:
- Advertisement -
- Galaxy Z Fold 3, Galaxy Z Flip 3, and upcoming Z series devices
Galaxy A Series:
- Galaxy A53, Galaxy A73, and Galaxy A33, and upcoming select A series devices
- Galaxy Tab S8, Galaxy S8 Plus, Galaxy S8 Ultra, and upcoming Tab S series devices
Eligible Galaxy devices with up to four years of One UI Watch and Wear OS Powered by Samsung include:
- Galaxy Watch 4, Galaxy Watch 4 Classic, and upcoming Galaxy Watch series devices