Around a month back, OnePlus initiated rolling out the OxygenOS 12.1-based C.21 update to the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro consumers. Following the initial rollout, the company has expanded to Europe and North America. Now, OnePlus is releasing the OxygenOS 12.1 C.21 update to the OnePlus 8 series on the Global ROM channel.
- Advertisement -
Compared to other markets, the OxygenOS 12.1 C.21 firmware has a quite bigger changelog for the OnePlus 8 models on Global ROM. It mentions a lot of bug fixes, improvements for several features and functionalities, additional new features, and a lot more. You can check the complete update changelog at the bottom.
How to check for OxygenOS updates?
- Connect to an available Wi-Fi network, if you use mobile data, there will be a warning displayed.
- Now, go to [Settings] – [System] – [System updates]
- Click [Check for updates]
- If there is an update, click [Download & install now]
Download OxygenOS C.21 [Global]
OnePlus 8 – Link
OnePlus 8 Pro – Link
OnePlus 8 series C.21 [Global]
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Fixed the issue that background applications are abnormally closed in specific scenarios
- Fixed the issue with lens permissions when using third party camera applications
- Fixed the issue of screen cannot respond when receiving notifications
- Advertisement -
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Fixed the issue that unable to automatically connect to Wi-Fi
- Fixed the issue that wireless earphones cannot play sound when connecting Bluetooth in specific scenarios