Last month, OnePlus released the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta Progam for the OnePlus Nord CE 2 smartphone users which provides a chance to test the Android 12 before the stable update. Right Now, OnePlus has finally started rolling out the stable Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 update to the device customers.
As per XDA, this stable OxygenOS 12 update is currently released for the OnePlus Nord CE 2. The update comes with software version C.05 and brings several new features included in the Android 12 Operating System. In addition, it includes the latest Android security (July 2022) patch for better system security.
The Android 12 OS last October, includes various new features for OnePlus devices. The new OS offers advanced privacy functions such as dashboard, Camera & Mic indicator, Material you, Dynamic theme, Scrolling screenshots, One-handed mode, and Conversation widgets. Accessibility improvements and more.
How to check for OxygenOS updates?
- Connect to an available Wi-Fi network, if you use mobile data, there will be a warning displayed.
- Now, go to [Settings] – [System] – [System updates]
- Click [Check for updates]
- If there is an update, click [Download & install now]
OxygenOS 12 changelog:
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized AI System Booster to 2.1 to support the system to run smoothly even when the load is high
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Dark mode
- Newly added three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- Newly added style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status
- Work Life Balance
- Newly added Work Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- Newly supported automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Newly supported switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Newly added diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment