OPPO just announced the Android 12-based ColorOS 12 official version rollout for the first batch of Find X3 Pro smartphones. Initially, the major software update deployed in Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia, however consumers from the remaining regions have to wait for some time.
- Phone model: Find X3 Pro
- Country: Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia
- Detectable Version: A.26
- Target Version: CPH2173_11.C.33
Here’s how to apply:
The Official ColorOS 12 based on Android 12 is released, you can get it in 2 ways by the following steps:
- Click [Settings] – [Software Updates] or,
- Click [Settings] – [Trial Version] (same as the Official Version)
- For Official Version Users: Please make sure that you are updated to the latest official version of ColorOS 11.
- Please backup important data on the phone before updating to avoid the data loss caused by incompatibility or other unforeseen circumstances.
- After updating to the latest version, the operating system will do several actions to optimize your device automatically. It might lead to your device heating, lagging and fast battery draining. We recommend you to turn off the screen and charge your device for a whole night after it’s updated success. Or keep using device and it will become normal within few days.
- Some third party applications are not compatible with Android 12. Therefore, updating these applications might not be available or have technical issues including lagging and crashing down in your device. Please try to update these applications to the latest version in App Market. Please find the Incompatible 3rd-APP List here
We are sorry that Heytap Health is not compatible with ColorOS 12 yet. So if you update to ColorOS 12, your OPPO wearable devices may be unavailable. We have prioritized this, and at the end of November, this bug will be completely fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.